The internet can prove to be a dangerous place for children, especially if left unsupervised.Children are always up to trouble and even if they land up in any mess, it is unlikely that they will inform you. So be alert at all times. There are a lot of psychopaths online, ready to take advantage of innocent minds.
Here are some tips for you to follow so that your kids are safe from cyber criminals or cyber bullies.
- Keep the computer or laptop in a common area, visible for all to see them using it.
- Monitor the websites they visit.
- Educate yourself on the social networking sites and other sites that your child frequents.
- Explain to your children the crimes that happen in the cyber world and how to prevent these incidents from happening.
- Instruct your children on how to respond to cyber bullies.
- Bond with your children and establish a trust so that they turn to you at all times if anything goes wrong.
- Ask them to inform you if any incident of bullying occurs.
- Do not reprimand them when they come to you with such problems, because it will deter them from coming to you with problems in the future.
- You should also not ignore the issue and make it seem like a minor issue. It is a horrifying and big issue for your child.
- Help your child cope with the problem. Chances are that he is undergoing a lot of negative mental trauma due to the incident.
- Seek the help of your childs student counselor to keep an eye for problems.
- Do not hesitate to seek the law enforcement agencies if the cyber bullying gets out of hand.