Are you suffering from a painful corn on your toes? Dont fret. You are not alone. Our poor feet bear the entire weight of our body.Corns are thickened skin that are caused by excessive pressure or rubbing on the toes. Most women face corns because they are the victims of tight fitted heel shoes.
Now that youre already are suffering from it, lets discuss a few home remedies to get rid of them.
- Pumice stone-Soak your feet in hot water for a while, till the skin gets soft. Rub the tough skin away using a pumice stone. Wash and repeat the process.This remedy is effective only after it is done a few times.
- Vinegar-Soak a cotton ball in vinegar solution and stick it on the affected area of the feet overnight. Scrub with a pumice stone the next morning.
- Separate the toes-If you have got corns in between your toes, separate them using cotton or lambs wool.
- Moisturizer or Petroleum Jelly-This remedy works if you use it in the long run. Skin that is treated with petroleum jelly or any other moisturizer regularly, results in soft and supple skin on the feet.
- Baking Soda-Soak your feet in hot water mixed with baking soda. This is said to loosen the dead skin. You can even make a paste of baking soda and water and apply as a foot pack overnight.
- Lemon Juice-Apply lemon juice directly to the corn and soak in hot water. Scrape off the dead hard skin. Repeat the process till the corn disappears.
- Change your footwear. Wrong pressure points in your footwear might be the cause of the corn in your feet.
- Trim toe nails.
- Develop a regular routine to moisturize always.
- Apply cooling pads or silicon pads to ease pain.
- Wash feet daily and apply powder so as to remove moisture that causes corns between the toes.
If your corns are very severe, please visit your podiatrist at the earliest. Remember never to overlook the importance of healthy feet.