The very thought of having worms in our intestine sounds sickening. They actually invade our body and survive on the food we consume and even our blood.Research has shown that a diet rich in fiber is helpful in flushing out the parasites present in our body.
Here are some remedies that can cure your worm problem in the comfort of your own home:
- Both the oil and the fruit can be used to treat intestinal worms. Consume three to four tablespoons of grated coconut daily and flush it down with a few teaspoons of extra virgin coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is rich in triglycerides that helps fight the parasites and also boosts the immune system.
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene that destroys the eggs of the intestinal worms. Carrots also contain vitamin C and zinc that boost the immune system.
- So do eat at least 2 carrots on an empty stomach for a couple of weeks.
- Pumpkin seeds contain cucurbitacin that helps prevent the worms to stick to the intestinal walls. As a matter of fact it actually paralyses the worms.
- Eat a few tablespoons of crushed pumpkin seeds in the morning on an empty stomach for a few weeks. Follow up with a laxative food like banana and its sure to get flushed out of your system.
- Raw Garlic contains sulfur containing amino acids that are anti-parasitic in nature. They can destroy any kind of parasitic worm.
- Eat 3 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach for a week to get rid of those pesky parasites.
- Papaya fruit is rich in the enzyme papain that has anthelmintic properties that can kill intestinal worms. Apart from the fruit, the seeds also contain a substance called caricin that helps flush out the worms.
- Make a smoothie of crushed papaya seeds, coconut, unripe papaya fruit and honey. Drink this on an empty stomach for at least a week.
Pomegranate tree bark
- The alkaloid punicine present in the bark of pomegranate trees are toxin to intestinal worms.
- Boil pieces of the bark in water till it becomes half the original quantity.
- Drink this water 3 times a day.
- Cloves contain anti-microbial properties that not only help in killing the eggs of intestinal parasites but also in killing the worms itself.
- Mix one teaspoon of crushed clove powder to a glass of hot water and consume the same 3 times a day for a week.
- Turmeric has antiseptic properties by nature, along with anti-microbial properties.
- Squeeze out the juice from raw turmeric and consume with a pinch of salt to it for a week on empty stomach.
- Castor oil is the best way to cleanse your system and flush out the parasites. It is the remedy that has been used for thousands of years to flush the intestine.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil with to a glass hot water and sip slowly. Within a few hours, you will experience the flushing or cleansing of your stomach and intestine of all the intestinal worms and other toxins present, so dont go anywhere away from the bathroom.
- Commonly known as Neem, this tree is found in the Indian subcontinent and has been used for thousands of years.
- Indian Lilac is known for its antibacterial, antifungal and anti-parasitic properties.
- The cures of Indian lilac are endless. Not only does it kill the intestinal parasites, but it also ensures flushing out the toxins left behind in the body by these worms.
- Consume one tablespoon of neem leaves paste on an empty stomach in the mornings for a month, followed by a glass of warm water to get rid of the parasites in your tummy.
So do try these home remedies before you resort to over the counter medications.